Trafileria Mauri was established in 1961 by Mr. Angelo Mauri and his three sons after a short experience of steel working on behalf of third parties.
In a 500 sq. m. manufacturing plant with two singleblock machines and two straighteners begins its activity a company that it will become in the next years one of the leading enterprises of the European steel processing field.
Since 1976 joint-stock company, in 1979 it takes up a covered area of 1.150 sq. m. and the first block of offices are built.
With few dozen of operators the company is already an important reference point for the industrial area around Lecco.
The expansion towards the French market begins in 1978 with the opening of a new branch office in the High Savoy (Marignier).
In 1991 the covered area is 3.000 sq. m..
In 1995 the office building is enlarged with the inclusion of the personnel service areas, the infirmary and the guardian house.
In the 90s the sales and operative network is strengthened with the remarkable expansion of the Marignier warehouse and the opening of two new premises in Paris and Bologna.
At the same time Trafileria Mauri buys other two sheds as warehouses: one in Suello and the other in Ponte Lambro.
In 2000, with the admission to the management of the second generation, the covered area is 15.400 sq. m. and that of the outdoor squares is 15.300 sq. m., which means a total area of 30.700 sq. m.
In 2007, with an important financial investment, the Bologna premises are significantly widened.
Trafileria Mauri produces 70% of drawn free-cutting steels and 30% of engineering and medium-alloyed steels.
70% of production is destined to the Italian market while the remaining 30% is absorbed by the foreign market.
The family management assuring stability and reliability, the investment in advanced technology sometimes conceived in cooperation with the machinery producers, the constant attention to customer/partner requirements and to the demand trends strengthen the leading role on the national territory and enhance the image of Trafileria Mauri as an old-established company.
With 140 employees, a production of 100.000 tons/year and a yearly portfolio of about 2.000 customers, the Mauri family manages today a very modern industrial group, present in 15 different countries of the Mediterranean area.
We thank our customers and partners for these 50 successful years with the commitment to an even bigger cooperation so that through the sharing of the mutual experience we can keep on improving our work always looking at the future.